Michael has 20 years’ global commercial experience in ophthalmology across drugs, drug delivery and medical devices. He is passionate about bringing innovative new technologies to the market, creating and implementing competitive strategies for existing products, and improving the quality of life for the blind and visually impaired.
- Has managed 28 brands (17 international), led 13 product launches, 12 business development deals, and played a lead role in securing 17 device/drug approvals.
- Launched pioneering ocular drug delivery technologies in both Europe and the USA.
- As General Manager for Bausch + Lomb Pharmaceuticals, he led a turnaround that drove a 314% growth over 4 years.
- Advisor to the Scottish Government for life science companies planning to enter North American markets.
- Multiple congress presentations; nine publications on ocular drug delivery.
- Originates from Glasgow, Scotland, has lived and worked extensively across Europe, the USA and Asia Pacific. Now lives in Tampa, Florida.